Game 6 - Kaya 3 vs. Maddox (steamroller)

The third and final game was against nick. He is a brand new player and only brought one list to the tounament. I beleive this was his first tournament.


This was going to be the final round and I was list locked into kaya 3. The pictures on this game are going to be extremely minimal. I was tired and not going to place in the top 3 so my heart wasn't exactly in it. I was excited to try kaya 3 tho and am definently looking forward to putting her on the table again.

Scenario was Entrenched

I won the roll and decided to go first. He picked sides and chose the side he was already on, us half his models were already on the table.

I deployed somewhat centrally with kaya to the right so I could begin dominating my own zone asap. Placement was difficult for this list. I don't have alot of experience with guns playing circle and cryx before this. I tried to spread out but I could tell already kaya control range was going to be a problem. Might consider adding the wilder just for her herding ability.


Nick deployed to his right. Directly behind the zone. There was a forest blocking the left side of the table deployment and he lacked pathfinder to get thru it.

Circle turn 1

Everything moved up to threaten his advance while moving into position to take and defend my zone. This was also difficult for placement. Trying to "unpack" a new list can be difficult.


Cygnar turn 1

His trenches moved up and formed a cloud wall with the minimum required models to cover his army. The rest lined up behind the wall. Everyone else moved forward in no particular order.

Circle turn 2

Manikins attempted to spray the cloud trenches and was able to clip some of them behind the wall. I think Nick made 3 or 4 tough checks like a boss! One manikin was able to boost a spray into Jakes and kill her off. I found out at the end of the game the charger was assigned to her and he was on the other side of the table... lesson learned for both parties. Lol.
One wyrd moved up and shot the gun arm off the said charger. Wohoo!

Cygnar turn 2

Maddox cast onslaught and moved up behind the objective in his zone. Trenches charged manikins and killed all but 1 I beleive. The fire fly shot my wild argus and the electro leap arced into my stone keeper and killed him. This was a great shot because it left one of my stones out of formation removing the teleport ability.

Everything else sorta moved up. Nick has alot of work to do on placement of his models and understanding possible threats.

Circle turn 3

Nick had left an open LOS to maddox for my wyrd on the left. We both also mixed up the rules for onslaught and I was under the impression it was an upkeep.. my woldwyrd took 3 shots at maddox and left her on a few boxes. An assaulting pureblood then finished her off. Even without the purgation rules I still had a second pureblood and a manikin or 2 able to get sprays on her to finish her off with average dice had we realized onslaught was turn only. Pretty much every time someone plays against circle for the first time I end up assassinating their caster... Circle threat ranges and angles are hard to predict, especially for new players. 


Regardless Nick was a great player and had a positive outlook on his games. I hope he takes these games and learns from them and continues to come back and play. I'm excited about the growth I've seen in our meta lately. It's only going to make all of us better players.

Post tourney results.
I ended up 4th. I need to stop assassinating my opponents and actually try for scenario and army points... eh we will see...
Justin went on to beat John playing protectorate and took 1rst place. John was second and Josh took 3rd with his khador jack spam.

Awesome tourney. Always fun. Everyone sh I understand come out and play. Next local steamrollers I plan to play in will be April 8th at Crazy Squirrel again. Thanks again Albert for running the show even though you made me at against Justin round 2. 

My lists:
I'm happy with my baldur 2 list except that I think im going to add 2 stoneshapers and drop one Wayfarer and the gallows.
Kaya 3 I'm looking forward to testing somemore. Circle feels like it is finally getting some decent guns and I want to explore that. Circle Jank with guns sounds awesome!!
Thanks as always for reading. And feedback would be great as well.

Tim - FalconFive




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game 25 - Bradigus vs. Thagrosh 1 (SR)

Game 19 - The Wanderer vs. Wurmwood

Game 23 - Bradigus vs. Old Witch 2