Game 20 - Una 2 vs. Feora 3 (Finals)

Well finals of our month long event are here. After working back to back 13 hour days I was a bit exhausted and made a few mistakes that were quite frustrating to me, but all in all it was a really great game and required alot of focus.
Forgot to take pictures consistently.. oops..
My opponent for the finals was playing protectorate of menoth. His pair was Amon in crusaders might and Feora 3 in Guardians of the Temple. He brought these two casters because he rarely plays them and wanted to force himself to try other things.
I had my pair of Una 2 and Krueger 1. My plan was to drop Krueger 1 because I was worried that if he dropped feora, tuna would have a rough time. Birds don't care for fire..
When I got there I thought I had left my druids at home (turns out they were there all along). I had to drop Una 2.
He ended up dropping Feora 3 and realized he forgot Feora at home. He lived close and offered to go home and get it, but it was late and I told him to just proxy with Kreoss 3.
His list was:
Feora 3 - Guardians of the Temple
-Hand of Judgement
-Devout
-Sanctifier
Temple flame guard
-Officer and standard
Cleansers (min)
-Officer
Choir
Flame Bringers
Daughters (ambushing)
Pyrrhus
Nicia
Mechanic
Wrack
My list can be found in the first article of this 4 round tourney. 
The scenarios was Outlast.
I won the roll and chose to go first. He picked the side with the wall for Feora to hide behind.
Pre game thoughts:
This was the match I really didn't want. I was worried about the cleansers lighting everything on fire and hand of judgment gets boosted attack rolls as his bond with feora.
I was also worried about time in this matchup.
My plan was to try and get my trackers to face off against the flame bringers and hit then with prey. Knowing him he would probably just run then to the opposite side and hopefully force him to clog up his models and possibly misplay them. Unfortunately based off the terrain I deployed heavier on the right and needed the trackers to control the left zone. 

Turn 1 - Una 2  

My standard turn 1. Hand of fate on trackers mirage on ravagers. Charge. Everything else runs. Trying to take as much board space as possible.


"Battle Cam?"

Turn 2 - Feora 3 

Flame bringers dance to the flank positioning as a second wave. Flame guard move up and mini feat. A few move up to bait my trackers in and are standing in rubble. Nicia charges and kills a tracker then sprints around them to their flank. Feora moves up behind the wall with her jacks on either side and puts banishing ward on the flame guard. Cleansers move confront to shield her. Choir sings passage and fills in behind.

Turn 2 - Una 2 

Upkeep both spells and apparate the ravagers. 
Blood trackers move to try and kill some flame guard but with the cover, mini feat and mediocre dice I kill 2.
The nightwitch charges Nicia and boosts the hit taking 3 damage but killing her and healing 2. Una moves hand of fate onto the ravagers and secures her spot on the hill. She moves mirage to the blue bird next to her. Ravagers activate and press forward into the cleansers and flame guard. The first ravager wipes out the entire unit of cleansers and 1 or 2 flame guard. Some hot dice there. The other ravagers that still had a target killed 1 or 2 more and he made some tough rolls to stop them chewing up more. 
Death wolves ran in to provide backup for the trackers. And the griffons hurdles about trying not to line up for hand of judgment. 
This turn took alot longer to play then to write and I was at 29 minutes after it was all said and done. 


TFG are directly behind the house...

Turn 2 - Feora 3 

Daughters ambush into the trackers and deathwolves. They killed a couple trackers and corpse tokens in the Death wolves kept them all alive. 
His devout tries to kill the ravager up front and he toughs but is out of range of the shaman and is knocked down.
Feora finished him off with her flame thrower and missed a shot into a Griffon who dodged infront of the blue one to try and screen it from his sanctifier. She put redline on the sanctifier and put up incite.
Next I beleive the flame bringers dodge in and out killing most of the ravagers. The chieftain made his tough roll a couple times surviving thru the turn.

Hand of judgment came over the wall and tried to spray down the two griffons in the middle. He caught the first one and left it on 8 boxes. He missed the blue one who dodges slightly back.
The flame guard kill off the ravager engaging them and a few trackers. Pyrrhus charges and finishes off the damaged Griffon. 
Sanctifier charges in and kills the blue Griffon with mirage and also my gallows grove. Neither of us have yet to score. He ends his turn at 28 minutes. 

Turn 3 - Una 2 

I'm running out of models fast and need to start looking for a win condition. I was really struggling to see any. I attempted to clear the left zone but missed 3 attacks into one of the daughters and she was left contesting. The deathwolves had cleared out the rest of them. 
Gorax primaled a Griffon and killed a flamebringer. I then activated Una and moved her up to the flag but forgot to put up hand of fate and primal on another Griffon. She was now engaged by the sanctifier and out of range to do anything useful with her spells. I debated using her feat but decided to wait. 
One Griffon moved up to proc flank on the sanctifier. The primaled Griffon kills the sanctifier and but fails to kill pyrrhus. I was hoping to score two points this turn and push for scenario and time. The chieftain failed to kill pyrrhus and the shaman attemted to poke a flame bringer failing to hit. Gobbers ran to get in the way.
I didn't see anyway I could win at this point and just ran my other Griffon over to help screen as well.  Lanyssa shot an icebolt at hand of judgement in hopes of a crit stationary. 
End my turn still 0-0. I'm down to 8 minutes on my clock. 

Turn 3 - Feora 3 

Feora moves up and puts incite and loads up hand. 
Flame bringers kill off the chieftain and the shaman. They also kill the gobber grunt and one tries to kill the gorax and fails. Hand of judgement and the devout kill off two of my three remaining griffons. The mechanic moves to score the flag. 
Flame guard kill some more trackers and hold the edge of the zone. He passes turn scoring 1 with 12 min left on his clock. 

Turn 4 - Una 2 

Quick measure says feora is in range of my last Griffon and at zero camp. She is still behind the wall but had moved to the edge.
Una puts hand of fate on herself. Aims, sniped and puts 2 shots into her needing 10's.
At dice off 8 he doesn't bother using the shieldguard from the devout. She puts decent damage into her tho. She feats and I had 2 fury set aside to put hand of fate on the Griffon but I forgot..
The 3 remaining trackers flank her and 2 chuck spears. One connects but the devout took it instead. 
Gorax primals the Griffon. 
Griffon charges Feora and that's all she wrote.
Ended with 2 min on the clock. 


I had lost the game the turn before but when he moved Feora up to get incite out farther it ended up costing him the game. 
My dice were pretty good and then put hand of fate on top of that. 

The matchup was alot closer than I imagined it would have turn out. Being able to kill all the cleansers was helpful. The new Flame guard are definently hard to remove. Flame bringers as always are amazing!! They are what wolf riders need to be.. 

It was a great tournament I had a lot of fun. Thanks to all who helped run and set up the event. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game 26 - Kromac 2 vs Fyanna 2

Game 23 - Bradigus vs. Old Witch 2

Game 23 - Bradigus vs. Issyria (SR)